The cover art must not contain:
- Links and web pages: The cover art can not contain website addresses, websites that sell music, mentions to social media, logos of any stores or services related to entertainment, mentions to physical formats, video formats, or any external reference of the digital release.
- Telephone or email addresses: The cover art can contain neither telephone numbers nor email addresses.
- Credits and collaborations: The cover art cannot include credits or other artists’ names that are not justified on the metadata.
- Additional Information: The cover art cannot include any text that isn’t justified in the metadata. The information in the cover will have to reproduce with extreme precision and without abbreviations the information of the metadata.
- Tracklisting and illegible texts: The cover art can not contain the tracklisting. It is also recommended to use legible fonts in the cover, as the image will be visualized in small formats and it won't be able to appreciate small texts. Texts that are not legible will not be accepted.
- Descriptions and biographies: The cover art must not include album descriptions or artists' biographies.
- Digital, physical, and video format: The cover art can not include references to it being a digital or physical product (such as “Online”, “CD”, “Compact Disc”, etc.). Mentions to the video format are not allowed either.
Also, the cover art must not contain references to contents that are missing in the album, such as “Includes DVD” or “Includes Lyrics”. Similar expressions like “All Rights Reserved”, “Registered Product”, “Under Copyright”, etc., can not be used. Not even other redundant or unnecessary information.
- UPC or any of the track’s ISRC: Only the reference number can appear on the cover.
- Pricing: The cover art can not include references to the pricing, or any information for promotional purposes.
- Pornography and violent content: The cover art can not include content that may be racist, pornographic, or glorify or trivialize violence.
- Offensive symbolism: The cover art must not contain any kind of symbolism that offends a specific group of people or ethnicities, such as Nazi symbolism, restricted by the Strafgesetzbuch section 86a.
- Misleading information: The cover art must not be misleading. For example, prominently depicting or referencing an artist even though the artist does not perform on the album.
- Translations and use of special characters: The use of non-occidental or special characters (like Arabic characters, Chinese characters, or Greek letters) must be avoided unless they guard an explicit relation with the content. Side-by-side translations or transliterations of the content are not allowed. The information must be written following the same structure and alphabet as in the metadata.
- Logos, images, and registered brands: All the logos (including the involved texts) must be justified in the metadata. The logos can be related to the artists, producers, labels, or other information involved with the musical product. Designers, photographers, and other mentions to the cover artists are not allowed.
- Registered brands and private or personal images (from people or companies) can not be included in the cover art. The only exceptions are when they are visually irrelevant (being part of the background), they accomplish a relevant role (e.g., in a musical), or are justified in the metadata (for example, as the producer or the publisher).